If you’re working on learning a language, you might go down the rabbit hole. What??? Yeah, that’s a good thing. Be proud. You’re doing yourself (especially your brain) a big favor. During these cold months of the year where the holidays are far and in between, learning a language can lift your spirits with goals and challenges. Plus, mis amigos, it’s a lot of fun.
Here’s 10 Signs You’re a Language Learning Nerd:
- You’ve spent a lot of time looking for the best language learning apps.
Duolingo? Busuu? Babbel? Which one is the bestest?!
- You can’t help but look for international movies and shows to help you acquire vocabulary.
Bring on the soaps!
- Every time you don’t know a word, you feel an urge to look up the definition.
Must. Know. The. Answer!
- Language exchange clubs are your jam.
Hello, Facebook and Meetup groups. #MyNameIsHelpMe
- You’re addicted to language learning blogs.
- You can’t wait for the next release of your favorite language learning podcast.
Give me more Coffee Breaks!
- Native speakers become your best friends.
Shout out to my Ecuafriends. 🙂
- You’re used to messing up and either laughing about it or obsessing over it.
Why did I say dieciseis instead of veintiseis?! Aghh!!
- You start to question how to translate all of your thoughts and become a code switcher.
Spanglish for life.
- You have your own mini library of language learning materials.
I’ll never let them go.
I bet some of these resonated with you. What else makes someone a language learning nerd? Be sure to like, comment, or share!