The holiday season is upon us, and with it, comes lots of arts & crafts. After all, who doesn’t love a homemade gift every now and then? I’ve gathered together some of the most common vocabulary related to arts & crafts to help you expand your word knowledge.
I’ve personally come to a standstill many times trying to think of the words for many of these because I enjoy crocheting, creating crafts, and decorating this time of year. Now you can talk about the joy of creating this time of year too:
- to sew — coser
- to knit — tejer
- to crochet — hacer en ganchillo
- the yarn/thread — el hilo
- the seam — la costura
- the stitch — el punto
- the hook/to hook — el gancho/enganchar
- the safety pin — el imperdible
- the hem — el dobladillo
- the ribbon — la cinta
- the lace — el encaje
- the cloth — la tela
- the garland — la guirnalda
- to punch — perforar
- the sequins — la lentejuela
- the glitter — la purpurina
- the scrapbook — el álbum de recortes
- the confetti — el confeti
- wreath — la corona
- stockings — la calceta
I hope you learned a thing or two about some crafting vocabulary, and maybe I’ve inspired you to create something for your family or friends. I encourage you to continue growing your vocabulary by looking up words in a translator whenever possible.
Thanks for reading and happy crafting!