Happy New Year!
Last year was quite a year with losing my grandfather, earning a master’s degree, getting engaged, adopting a dog, moving, interning at GoAbroad.com, and going to Germany. My New Year’s resolutions last year were to get my master’s degree (accomplished), do yoga more (accomplished), practice guitar more (that dropped off), and the rest I forget honestly.
January can be a bit of a depressing month with the darkness and staying inside, but I’ve been trying to stay positive and keep a good attitude. This month also has the power to motivate us to be better to ourselves and to each other. In light of that, I have decided to post my 10 resolutions:
- Blog twice a month, every month
- Practice gratefulness (saying three things in the morning and journaling in the evening about what was good about my day)
- Read 10 fiction books throughout the year
- Exercise four days a week, 45 minutes each session (biking, yoga, running)
- Join and participate in a volunteer organization
- Apply for more writing/tutoring opportunities
- Practice piano three times a week, 30 minutes each session
- Get my thesis published in a journal
- Practice mindful meditation daily
- Respond to a writing prompt once a week
After looking at this list, I feel like it’s going to be quite ambitious, but I want to grow the most in my writing this year. I’m going to do my best to break them down into smaller goals and set aside time for them on a calendar. I’m hopeful that this year will be wonderful with getting married and going on a honeymoon, growing personally and professionally, and meeting more people.
Well, we’ll see how this year goes. Thanks for reading. Cheers to 2017!
What are your New Year’s resolutions?